Engineering Architect (UK) - Research and Development
Our Ideal Candidate
Tookitaki is seeking a creative and highly skilled candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to help us to build our brand. As an Architect, the candidate will help manage the end-to-end of designing a number of AI-powered BigData products, also participate in Client facing discussions to articulate the solution and its applicability to the client environment among other responsibilities. The role will report to the VP of Research & Engineering.
- As an Architect, she/he will be a key technical leader and drive architecture within the organization
- S/he will architect, lead, and build the next generation Data Science Platform that powers everything, including Apps and AI
- Defining the short-term and long-term technology strategy in alignment with business goals and other strategic initiatives.
- Building and leading a team of BigData, Applications, Infrastructure, Cloud and Solution architects
- Driving the end-to-end technical design for developing the suite of AI-enabled intelligent products
- Defining the end-to-end technical design for delivering and deploying the fully integrated enterprise-grade software solutions
- Driving the technical initiatives with external partners in defining and publishing the reference architectures in alignment with the business strategy.
- Defining, institutionalising and governing the end-to-end enterprise-grade software security practices and standards
- Owning all the technical documentation required to ensure the successful functioning of the business and to support the fast-paced growth
- Providing architectural direction and mentorship to architects, Staff Engineers, development and technical delivery teams.
- Design and develops technology to serve business and technology objectives aligns points of view across teams and makes smart trade-offs to help achieve the goals of individual teams as well as broader goals.
- Systematically tracking, monitoring and controlling the technical debt across multiple products
- Resolve conflicts between teams within the organization to get alignment and build team culture
- Design products/services/tools and code that can be used by others and Up-levels Engineering Organization
- Articulating and communicating the architectural metrics, key architectural decision, and the roadmap to key business stakeholders
- Ability to Articulate and apply the Tookitaki solution to the client environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate hands-on experience as an architect role in a growth state start-up/scale-up in the field of distributed computing, big data and machine learning areas.
- Candidate must showcase proven building experience in the software stack that has shown to scale horizontally and across dimensions such as real-time architecture, machine learning model, etc.
- 8+ years of relevant technical experience with at least 4+ years in the technical leadership role.
- Proven track record of crafting architectural solutions for complex software systems ensuring high availability, fault tolerance, low latency, and high throughput requirements.
- Deep experience in designing and implementing complex distributed (storage and compute) systems with the right design trade-offs ensuring adherence to the key non-functional requirements.
- Deep experience in architecting and operationalizing enterprise AI software solutions.
- Prior experience in designing and implementing large scale big data software stack for batch and real-time analytical and advanced ML use-cases.
- Strong hands-on experience in performance engineering – Application profiling, identifying and resolving bottlenecks, memory management, GC and runtime tuning, system and infrastructure tuning.
- Prior experience designing cloud-native data-intensive applications across multiple cloud providers – AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Deep experience in performing the performance benchmarks and driving the capacity planning and hardware estimation programs.
- Prior experience in designing enterprise-level end to end product security and setting up the DevSecOps practices within the organization.
- Strong hands-on experience on Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins and other
- Prior experience working in ML and AI domain with the understanding of – end to end problem
solving process, techniques, algorithms, and best practices.
- Opportunity to build AI and Analytics products for Global Markets
- Opportunity to innovate, Learn and Grow
- Attractive variable compensation package
- Flexible working hours – everything is results-oriented
- Opportunity to work with an award-winning organization in the hottest space in tech – artificial intelligence and advanced machine learning