Data Scientist (India) - Research and Development
Data Science @ Tookitaki
The data science team is responsible for solving business problems with complex data. Data complexity could be characterized in terms of volume, dimensionality and multiple touchpoints/sources. We understand the data, ask fundamental-first-principle questions, apply our analytical and machine learning skills to solve the problem in the best way possible. We also encourage to participate in competitions like Kaggle.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a junior data scientist who has a deep interest in theoretical and applied machine learning and loves working in a fast-paced environment.
He/she should have 3-5 years’ work experience in predictive analytics/forecasting space and have solved real-world problems. Candidates with experience in transactional anomaly prediction, operational risk modelling would be given preference.
The role would be a client-facing one, hence good communication skills are a must. The candidate should have the ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner. The candidate would be responsible for:
- Comprehending business problems properly – what to predict, how to build DV, what value addition he/she is bringing to the client, etc.
- Understanding and analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets and build features relevant for business.
- Understanding the math behind algorithms and choosing one over another
- Understanding approaches like stacking, ensemble and applying them correctly to increase accuracy
Desired technical requirements
- Proficiency with Python and the ability to write production-ready codes. Experience in Scala would be a plus
- Big data experience, e.g. familiarity with Spark, Hadoop, is highly preferred
- Familiarity with SQL or other databases.
Desired Non-technical Requirements
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong desire to work with start-ups
- Attractive variable compensation package
- Opportunity to work with an award-winning organization in the hottest space in tech — artificial intelligence and advanced machine learning